Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wii Dance ... and We're Adorable ...

About a month back, I headed home to Utah for the wedding of one of my bestest buds in the whole-wide, ever-living world: Monsiuer Eric Boyd Vogeler. He and his lovely sweetheart, the Erin formerly known as Roundy, were sealed together for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple in an absolutely beautiful, tear-jerking ceremony.

I love weddings. They make me cry (of course, this may not be saying much ... a particularly poignant episode of Duck Tales may make me cry).

While I was home for the wedding, though, I had the chance to join my sister Amy in the ever-wonderful task of babysitting three of my nieces - Katie, Maylie, and Maddie. Golly bob howdy, ain't they cute? I mean, they are mindblowingly adorable. Just look at this picture of Maddie:


They are so cute, in fact, that the annual (and completely unbiased) "Cutest Nieces in the World Competition" found these girls tied for first place along with the always darling Libby Locks and ever lovely Emma. If you overlook the German judges' score (who knocked off two points for inability to "sprechen" the "Deutsch"), they were flawless.

And so it was with excitement (driven by an uncle's love) that I arrived to babysit (while my brother and sister-in-law went to play dodgeball ... such a cool idea). The evening started out beautifully as we all sat and watched Jimmy Neutron (see below).


After it ended, I asked the girls what they wanted to do and they pointed to the little platform in the corner. I recognized it as the platform used in Wii Fit. Having played the game once before with my good friend, Kyle Woods, I thought it would be fun to try it with my nieces. Little did I know the cuteness I had in store.

Here are just a few of the pics from that blessed evening:


And that, my friends, is why life is so good. Every time I feel the semblance of a frown or ornery disposition coming on, all I have to do is think of little Katie and Maylie trying to do Yoga or Ski down electronic slopes as I watch from the wings of a lovely home in Eagle Mountain.

Oh, what a great ride!

No comments: