Saturday, November 28, 2009

Julie & Julia ...

Saw the movie. Enjoyed it (Adams and Streep = fantasticfulness at the box office).

More importantly, though, I want to start really learning how to cook ... especially French foods. Let's see where that adventure takes me.

UPDATE: I just reserved a copy of "Mastering the Art of French Cooking" at the library.

UPDATE 2: I realized last night that I have never owned a cookbook. Ever. This is odd, considering that I love to cook. It's less odd, though, when I remember that every time I need a recipe, I either get online or call my mother or sister (who could kick the pants off any chef on the Food Network). Maybe this cookbook thing will start a new era of delicious, hitherto unknown food in my life ... then again, it may just be a phase I'm going through.

1 comment:

shandy said...

Walked out of the theater and went directly to Barnes & Noble. Found JULIA'S KITCHEN WISDOM because MASTERING THE ART OF FRENCH COOKING was sold out. I've been dreaming of eggs and hollandaise sauce ever since...