Monday, October 19, 2009

The New Invisible Man ...

Incredible.
Phenomenal.
Mindblowing.

No, really ... it will blow your mind.

And all I can say is Waldo better watch out ... Liu is on the rise.

Liu Boilin, a young photographer and artist from Beijing, received the ridiculously awesome moniker "The Invisible Man" for his artistic ability to blend his body into his surroundings. A true-life human chameleon (not to be confused with The Chameleon, a notable entry in the pantheon of Spiderman super-villians), Liu blends in with almost any surrounding.

I was so astounded by the work that I just couldn't help but post a few of the pictures I've been able to find:

What makes this interesting to me, though, is the reason behind Liu's work. As he stated to the telegraph, a British newspaper:

Some people call me the invisible man, but for me it's what is not seen in a picture which really tells the story. I experienced the dark side of society, without social relations, and had a feeling that no one cared about me, I felt myself unnecessary in this world.

Reading that, I have the greatest desire to expand my efforts, caring about people more and (what's crucial) showing my love so that far fewer people will have to feel the way Liu felt.

Mucho thanks to Josh Law for his electronic tip-off to this phenomenal talent.

1 comment:

Deedles said...

That is super cool! I didn't know you had a blog either! Adding to my list today! :) Hope you are doing well! We sure miss you!